Human beings have all the tools and mental faculties in order to succeed in their life. These mental faculties enable human beings to do extraordinary accomplishments in their life.
So it all depends on us how to use these tools. If we use them carelessly can cause completely different consequences. Studies show that doing any type of task before going to bed can directly determine the quality of that time and tomorrow.
Here are some tips that may help you to improve the quality of your life as a whole.
- Take a shower before going to bed. Having a shower before going to bed can dramatically your mental and emotional quality during sleep and the day tomorrow. Well, you would think taking a shower would take dirt off of your body. That is not the main reason behind this. Our body water content is around 73%. That surely shows that not only we should drink lots of water but we must give water to our skin as well.
- The second thing that you should do is to plan your day the night before. What I mean is to write all your to-does in your diary. Write down all the priorities that are musts. Number them as most important, important, less important. By writing your plans for your tomorrow can drastically enhance your momentum and productivity. It causes you to more likely to do your tasks. It gives your mind a signal of urgency.
Our minds give more attention to those things having a start point and a deadline. It does not show any interest in those things that look stable. It needs excitement, urgency, and fear.
Now, let’s come to the advantages of planning your tomorrow before going to bed.
- Planning can stimulate your mind to work on your plans while you are asleep. Your subconscious mind, even when you are asleep. In the morning, when you wake up, you feel like doing those tasks as soon as possible. It creates a hot desire in your mind about accomplishing those tasks.
- The second thing that can help you is to have a sense of urgency. One of the six habits that highly successful people have is a sense of urgency.
- The third benefit is to organize your tasks. The more you organize your tasks the more your thoughts will become organized. There is an internal relation between each.
- The fourth benefit is to prioritize your most important tasks from less important ones. Well, you would think you can do it in your mind. But the truth is it will not work well like that. Our mind follows commands rather than simply thoughts. I am not saying that it is impossible to think and classify your to-does in your mind. I am simply saying that by writing them on a paper, can bring more clarity and specificness.
- The fifth benefit is to hit your daily goal in an organized manner. Let’s say that you read one book in a week. That book is around 350 pages. You should read 50 pages per day in order to finish reading that book in a week.
- The sixth benefit is to maximize your mental productivity. Your mind is like a muscle, the more you exercise the more it becomes strong.
- The seventh benefit is to make planning a habit. Planning is one of the most important things that all highly successful individuals have. In short, without planning it is less likely to simply accomplish anything worthwhile.